This year’s festival, called Taste of Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, is moving ahead, having begun July 15th but without cooking demonstrations and Eat to the Beat concerts. It started much earlier than usual, when Epcot reopened after a nearly four-month closure, and it is expected to run through late fall or early winter. No official end date has been announced
I know, I know, you have all been waiting for it. The arrival of the International Food and Wine Merchandise at Epcot. Even though we were just recently at Epcot, the new merch had not yet been revealed. But, today, that changed. It is exciting and for those that love the culinary arts, boy, has Disney rolled out the red carpet for you! For a guy that is not a “merch” guy, I have to say that this roll out really has me wanting to expand my inner chef.
Today, the Taste of Epcot merchandise was in full force and giving us a teaser of things that will be upcoming as well. As expected, Figment was the star of this show~sorry Remy~and I really love everything that he appears on.
For the ladies in the Mayne Mafia, I know that you love those Dooney and Bourne bags featuring Chef Mickey, and again, Disney has not disappointed. Even though they will not be released till sometime in late September, specialty pins will be available at Mouse Gears on September 1st. (Is Remy for sale?)
The new Passholder collection is awesome too and I am really loving the colors here, as it speaks fall. Again, this collection will not be available until sometimes in September (there is much more as well), and will be available apparently in a new section of the World Showcase as well as in Mouse Gear.
And last but certainly not least, I am certainly appreciating the tip of the hat to the beer lovers in the group. The hat is super dope and for the wine lover, there is plenty of wine inspired merch.
There is a ton of merchandise this year and I know that I will certainly be checking it all out and bringing you guys along on live stream and cannot wait to get your thoughts on what is your favorite item or items.
Bringing up the rear but certainly not lagging behind, is the COOLEST popcorn bucket and first one since the closure. The Onward popcorn bucket has everything that Barley’s van is known for from the awesome unicorn, cool bumper stickers on the back and even wheels that spin! Holler at ya boy, as you know that I will be having to pop over to Hollywood Studios and claim on of these (hint, hint).
Be sure to follow for new merchandise, openings, news and more right here at spokesmayne.co and be sure to follow on social media at Youtube, Facebook and Instagram at Spokesmayne so you do not miss a single thing happening at the Disney parks.
Here are some of the new and fun things coming to this year’s International Food and Wine Festival 2020 #FreshEpcot.
New Offerings and Festival Favorites
- Shimmering Sips (Showcase Plaza) – Banana Bread with Mixed Berry Compote (plant-based)
- Desserts & Champagne (World Showplace) – Liquid Nitro Chocolate Cake Pops, with options for special toppings
- Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin Cheese (World Showplace) – Gourmet macaroni and cheese with options for special toppings, including lobster cream or plant-based Italian sausage and peppers
- Wine & Dine Featuring Festival Favorites (World Showplace) – Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream, Guinness Baileys Milkshake and more
Festival-Exclusive Merchandise – Debuting in September
- Chef Minnie & Chef Mickey Collection – Chef Mickey joins Chef Minnie again this year for a fun collection featuring the “Queen of Cuisine” apparel, cookware, tumblers and more
- Recipe for a Figment Collection – Guests can bring Chef Figment home with them with fun accessories, including apparel and baking items
- Taste Your Way Around the World Collection – Guests can celebrate their trip around the global marketplaces with apparel, tabletop accessories and more
- Brews Around the World Collection – This tasty line features a baseball cap with opener, bottle opener key chain, a growler and more
- Passholder Collection – Throughout the festival, Annual Passholders can celebrate with an assortment of keepsakes created especially for them, including featured items from Chef Minnie, Chef Mickey, Chef Figment and Chef Remy
Festival Fun and Entertainment for the Entire Family
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt returns this year, where families can search for “Little Chef” together throughout the festival.
- Live performances from popular acts such as Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors occur throughout the day in the America Gardens Theatre.
New Digital Festival Guidebook
- New this year, a digital Festival Guidebook is available on the My Disney Experience mobile app. The handy guide lists the menus for all marketplaces, along with locations for festival-exclusive merchandise and fun family activities.
Spokesmayne; Disney Food Blog; Photo credits to Brooke G Mcdonald (Pirates and Princesses) and WDWinfo.com