Now You Too Can Be A Disney Illustrator… or At Least Pretend to Be
When it comes to drawing, I am definitely at a 0 on the talent scale. However, I really do like to draw and we had so much fun during the media event where we got to experience drawing at the Conservation Experience at Animal Kingdom (needless to say, my Simba would score about a 4). But, now there is hope for us dreaming artists and you and your family can have lessons from the great illustrators at Disney, with a complete series of how-to tutorials on drawing Mickey Mouse through the years.
Disney cast member Stephen Ketchum has been drawing Mickey at Disney Parks for years and has expert tips for artists of all skill levels. While the parks remain temporarily closed, we’ve combined Stephen’s best Mickey tutorials and the collection includes learning to draw a vintage 1920’s Mickey as well as lessons on creating more contemporary and whimsical “pied-eyed” versions you’ll want to show your friends and family.
First, begin with easy to follow instructions on how to draw Mickey as artists would have created him in the late 1920s. You begin with a simple circle and then use lightly drawn curved lines to create Mickey.
Drawing a more contemporary looking Mickey has just a few different shapes added.
And finally, creating a perfect “pied-eyed” Mickey begins with an oval shape instead of a standard circle followed again by lightly drawn curved lines to finish your own work of art.
Grab some paper and try all three Mickeys now! Use #Disney and #BetterTogether on Instagram and tag them at @DisneyParksBlog with your artwork, and for a chance to be featured. Be sure and share your art on our Discord page https://discord.gg/5yHhcw9?fbclid=IwAR2VTZ24Zp0aQiegCnmxu14RA-AnkB9V3oh0DzNSSflUcy4Y0pIOTbl3jXg and show off your art work to the Mayne Mafia family.
And be sure to keep checking the Disney Parks Blog as well as spokesmayne.co for more stories like this. Also, here are some other of the most popular character tutorials for you to try.
- Learn to Draw: Sally from Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’
- Learn to Draw: Celebrate Spring With Daisy Duck
- Learn to Draw Aladdin’s Pal, Genie
- Learn to Draw Tinker Bell
- Learn to Draw Buzz Lightyear from ‘Toy Story’
- Learn to Draw Special Edition: ‘Frozen’ Voice Actor Josh Gad Tests His Skills at Drawing Olaf
- Learn to Draw Hiro from ‘Big Hero 6′
- Learn to Draw Mickey’s Pal Pluto
- Learn to Draw Baymax From ‘Big Hero 6’
- Learn to Draw Rapunzel’s Buddy, Pascal
- Learn to Draw Stitch
- Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh
- Learn to Draw Jack Skellington
- Learn to Draw Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Learn How to Draw ‘Frozen’s’ Anna
- Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?