As the theme parks start to reopen during the Phase process, we are keeping close eye on their guidelines, hours of operation and policy enhancements and share them with you so that you can make the most out of your vacation plans. We are excited that SeaWorld Orlando will be the next park to enter their reopening and here is some information so that you will be able to plan your trip in the near future.
Also, hours of operation for the park are reduced (10am to 6pm except for July 3&4 from 10am to 9pm) and according to SeaWorld Orlando’s website, the park will be closed on Tuesday and Thursdays at least through the fall. Be sure and make a note so that you are not standing in line on a Tuesday morning waiting for the park to open.
Overall Park Enhancements to Ensure Employee & Guest Safety
Employee & Guest Temperature Screening. When guests and employees arrive on-property, they must undergo and pass temperature screening using the CDC temperature recommendation of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
Employees and guests 2 years of age and older must wear face coverings while in the park. Guests are not required to wear them while eating and drinking, or in designated relaxation areas of the park.
To promote proper physical distancing throughout the parks, we will install signage and markings throughout our guest areas (including on the ground) to identify appropriate, six-foot physical distancing. Lounge chair seating will also be modified to maintain physical distancing. We also encourage contactless payments and plexi-glass will be installed in high-traffic or close-contact areas to maintain a physical barrier.
Cleaning & Sanitation
To protect the health and safety of our guests and employees, we will significantly increase both the frequency of cleaning for all key areas of the parks (including employee spaces) and the number of hand sanitization stations across each park, especially in high-contact areas.
Work & Sick Policies
We will require our employees to stay home if they are feeling sick. We will also require our employees to follow the most current CDC guidance for self-isolation and symptom-free periods before returning to work.
Our employees will receive COVID-19 specific training to cover all new enhanced park operating procedures. The training will include the most current guidance from the CDC and other health advisors.
Specific Enhancements to Key Operational Areas
- Guest Arrivals & Ticketing: Enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented at arrival areas and for high-contact surfaces. Spacing will also be increased for our touchless turnstiles enabling appropriate physical distancing.
- Restaurants: Restaurants across the parks will include arranged seating layouts to accommodate physical distancing. Tables and chairs will be sanitized with increased frequency, condiment and topping stations will be closed, utensils will be pre-packaged, and guests with refillable products will be provided single-use alternatives. In lieu of traditional menus, single-use paper menus will be used and additional grab-and-go and pre-packaged food offerings will be added. Buffet-style service areas will be adjusted or closed until further notice.
- Retail: Shops In our retail shops and queues, we will have markings for physical distancing and signage directing guests to defined entrances and exits. To minimize contact of items at checkout, bagging and wrapping materials will be given to customers.
- Animal Exhibits: In all open animal viewing spaces, we will add markings to queues to indicate required distancing. Certain animal interactions will be modified and only tours allowing for physical distancing will operate. Some tours and interactions will be restricted to one-party at a time.
- Public Spaces: Across the parks and especially in high-contact areas, enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented. This includes an increased number of hand sanitizer stations, areas with single-direction guest flow, modified seating in venues to maintain physical distancing and cleaning according to enhanced protocols.
- Rides & Attractions: Queue lines for all rides will have markings for physical distancing and modified seating will be implemented to maintain physical distancing. We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrance and exit of all rides and will increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing. Specific protocols will be implemented for water rides for employees and guests and unless play areas meet distancing protocols, they will be temporarily closed.
- Parades and Meet-and-Greets: Depending on the ability to ensure physical distancing for guests and employees, certain components of parades and meet-and-greets, such as those involving guest interactions, character interactions and photo opportunities will be modified or removed.
- Employee Facilities: We have added signage regarding health and safety, increased hand sanitizer stations and increased the frequency of cleaning in employee areas. The same enhanced safety standards for guest-facing food and beverage areas will be applied in employee dining areas as well.
Guidelines are subject to change based on county guidelines.
Please be sure and keep checking back here at spokesmayne.co for updates and newly released information as it comes out over the next few months. Follow on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram at Spokesmayne for fun and detailed coverage of the parks as they begin to reopen.
SeaWorld Orlando; Spokesmayne