The 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE officially began this morning, uncorking 129 consecutive days of tasty fun at Walt Disney World Resort. There are many new items this year and an extended number of months to try them all, so there is plenty of time to catch our all time favorites as well as those new items this time around. With no preview this year, we decided to wait a bit and let the crowds go by, as we will be covering just as much if not more of both our favorites and yours.
During your visit to the festival, which is included with park admission to EPCOT, here’s some of what you’ll discover:
- More than 20 Global Marketplaces debut today, with another 10 joining the party this fall. New marketplaces open now include The Noodle Exchange, The Swanky Saucy Swine (yep, this is first on the list), Rotunda Bistro, Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina, and Brew-Wing (ummm Yes!) at the EPCOT Experience. For info on menus, check out our Foodie Guide or visit TasteEPCOT.com as there is way too much information to post in this blog. I am going to put our top 5 picks below that I will be trying over the weekend when we hit the festival.
- Live music will fill the air during this year’s festival. No, there will not be Eat to the Beat, but that doesn’t mean that we still can’t bust a move and enjoy all the amazing talent and music around the World Showcase. At the America Gardens Bandstand presented by Florida Blue Medicare, local bands from across Central Florida play popular songs of yesterday and today, Friday through Monday, at the America Gardens Theatre. Live acts performing daily include Voices of Liberty, Mariachi Cobre and the Jammin’ Chefs.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak invites kids of all ages on a magnifique adventure to find Chef Remy around the festival. Purchase a map and stickers from select locations and then search for statuettes of the “Little Chef” hidden throughout World Showcase and the Global Marketplaces. If you complete the scrumptious scavenger hunt, then go claim your special surprise, courtesy of Chef Remy!
- I did mention this in a previous blog and most definitely we will be doing this. Keeping that foodie vibe from Disney and Pixar’s “Ratatouille” going, we can also take part in Emile’s Fromage Montage by purchase five participating cheese dishes from select Global Marketplaces. If you collect all five stamps – including a passion fruit cheesecake with toasted macadamia nuts – then scurry back to Shimmering Sips to claim a prize.
- You can also bring a piece of the festival home with official event merchandise, including apparel, home décor, kitchen essentials, trading pins and more. Check out our earlier blog showcasing the new merch as well as on stream and my Instagram stories and Facebook as we stroll through and check it out.
And just as a reminder, to experience the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, you need a valid park ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for EPCOT on the same date. As the event continues into the fall, it will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning Oct. 1 in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. So keep checking back with us here on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on all the foodie fun!
Disney Parks Blog; Disney Food Blog; Spokesmayne