“A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” — Eeyore
𝗪𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐭!
I feel so lucky to announce that after the 5-Day Fundraiser Live Stream, The Community Project has officially ended and we were able to raise over $11,000 for the COVID-19 Solidarity Fund for the World Health Organization.
So proud of this community! A HUGE thank you to everyone who was involved, donated, & tuned in to help us fight against this global pandemic. Though, it may be small… we made a difference and impacted people’s lives for the better. That will live on forever.
“First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.” – Walt Disney
For those that had questions and in the spirit of transparency, here is some information on the COVID 19 Solidaraity Response Fund, WHO and the UN Foundation, how the fundraiser was managed, what and where the funds go and how those funds are appropriated. Again, thank you to everyone you donated and supported the live stream!
WHY I CHOSE THIS CAUSE
The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund is a historic opportunity for everyone, everywhere to help support the World Health Organization and its partners’ lifesaving work to prevent, detect, and respond to the unprecedented global COVID-19 pandemic. To allow everyone an opportunity to give, we have created multiple fundraising platforms for the fund. Through the fundraiser live stream, it was set up to make it super easy for people to donate to the cause through Google and Youtube. Donors were able to give through Google’s donation platform. Google matched $2 for every $1 donated, up to $5 million. 100% of the donations made through the platform will go to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund through the United Nations Foundation.
WHERE DO THE FUNDS GO?
The UN Foundation and Swiss Philanthropy Foundation will receive donated funds, which will then be used by the World Health Organization and partners to support countries according to the COVID-19 Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan. As outlined in the plan, the financial resources raised will go to the areas with the greatest need. Allocations from the Fund are decided by WHO and are expected to go directly to:
- WHO for its work to directly lead efforts to track the spread of the virus, equip frontline health workers with personal protective equipment, ensure lab and testing tools are available in countries around the world, keep communities and frontline responders informed with the latest technical guidance, and accelerate the research and development of treatments and vaccines, particularly supporting low-resource settings.
- UNICEF, to ensure children and families around the world are equipped with all the evidence-based information and latest WHO guidance as well as locally relevant information to protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19; to support vulnerable countries by providing access to water, sanitation and hygiene, and basic infection prevention and control measures; and to provide access to care for vulnerable families and children.
- CEPI, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, a key partner leading the financing for research and development for novel vaccines to combat COVID-19, working closely with WHO.
HOW ARE FUNDS BEING USED?
The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund supports WHO and partners’ work to ensure all countries are able to prevent, detect, and respond to COVID-19. This work is guided by the COVID-19 Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan, which highlights three priority areas of need:
Donations to the Fund enable WHO and partners to:
- Build up lab capacity and provide critical supplies such as reagents and tests;
- Protect vulnerable patients and frontline health workers through coordination and delivery of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Support the most vulnerable populations in humanitarian contexts;
- Accelerate global research and development efforts for a vaccine and effective treatments;
- Improve community engagement, by ensuring the world has clear, authoritative, and evidence-based guidelines to inform response;
- Enhance transparent communication so that communities have access to the best information to protect themselves.
Donations to the Fund are helping WHO send millions of pieces of personal protective equipment and testing kits to more than 126 countries all over the world; and to develop accurate informational tools in more than 13 languages, and training courses for more than a million health workers around the world.
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF EACH DONATION WILL GO TO THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION?
100% of donations made through the various donation platforms go to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
95% of donations made to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund will go to WHO or partners like UNICEF and CEPI, as requested by WHO, for response efforts, with 5% used by the UN Foundation to cover the costs of transactions.
Spokesmayne; COVID 19 Response Fund/WHO/UN Foundation/covid19responsefund.org