Universal Orlando Resort will begin limited operation of select venues at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk on Thursday, May 14 taking the first steps toward reopening our destination. The health and safety of the guests and team members remains top priority and they are taking specific measures that include screening guests and team members, social distancing and requiring everyone to wear a face covering. They will also be limiting capacity at venues and increasing already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Select venues are scheduled to open daily from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and include:
- Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations: Red Oven Pizza Bakery, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside seating and Lone Palm area only), Voodoo Doughnut and Auntie Anne’s. Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available.
- Universal Studios Store, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company’s retail shop and select merchandise carts as well as Hollywood Drive-In Golf
- Universal Orlando will continue to monitor conditions and make adjustments as moving forward. Additional venues may be added over time and hours of operations are subject to change. They will continue to work closely with local health officials and our own health and safety experts and adhere to CDC guidelines. Here are specifics:
- Team members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- Implementing of temperature checks for each guest upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings during their visit. There will be face coverings available for purchase at cost.
- Each venue will limit capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues, and self-parking will be complimentary.
All guests are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines and conduct temperature checks prior to arrival. Guests should evaluate their own risk as they determine whether to visit. And, in line with CDC guidelines, we specifically do not recommend older adults or individuals at high-risk with severe underlying medical conditions visit our facilities.
Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels as well as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood remain closed through at least May 31. Please be sure and check back here at spokesmayne.co for ongoing information coming out and any changes that may be occurring as we move forward.
Universal Orlando Resort Press Release 05-12-20; Spokesmayne