We know that since it has opened last year, this is a hot, must do on the list when you are visiting Hollywood Studios. If you have been to Galaxy Edge over the past few months, you know the anxiety….uh, thrill, of trying to grab that boarding pass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Well, know, there may be a better and yes, less stressful way, to experience this amazing attraction.
To better help guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios plan ahead for their day at the park, Disney is piloting a new approach to the virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Starting Nov. 3, 2020, here’s how it will work:
- Guests with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney resort hotel, or wherever else nearby you might be at that time. Let’s just say, LOVE THIS!
- Just as we do today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2 p.m. for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
This new approach will make a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios more enjoyable and relaxing, as guests no longer need to be inside the park each morning to request a boarding group for the first virtual queue opportunity. As a reminder, you need to be inside the park to request the 2 p.m. boarding groups.
We also noticed recently, that to maximize the number of boarding groups they able to accommodate while adhering to current health and safety guidelines, they have recently added a clear barrier between the two rows of seats on each First Order Fleet Transport vehicle inside the attraction. This enables more guests to board Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance each day.
The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the My Disney Experience mobile app. To maximize your opportunity to secure a boarding group, here are some tips we recommend you check off your list prior to your day at the park:
- Register an account in My Disney Experience
- Download the My Disney Experience mobile app on your smart device or ensure you’re using the most updated version of the app before you arrive at the park.
- Link and assign all park tickets in your party to a My Disney Experience account
- Have a valid Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the day you’re visiting
- Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group; if multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group
- Remember, virtual queue boarding groups are limited and subject to availability
As most new changes come, we know that this new pilot approach to the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue is designed to give guests the best possible experience during a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Sure there may be some glitches or kinks along the way, but super happy about this upgrade to the queue. Don’t worry, Mayne Mafia, we will be checking out how it works very soon!
Be sure and keep checking back here at spokesmayne.co for more updates and information as we head into the holiday season. Follow along on stream and on social media on Instagram, Youtube and Facebook at Spokesmayne so you don’t miss out on any content from the parks and beyond.
Disney Parks Blog; Spokesmayne