In honor of Pride Month, Disney is taking the opportunity to recognize and celebrate the contributions, culture, and experiences of the LGBTQ+ community. Just as Disney does every day, we too, should work towards a world and place where everyone feels they belong. Recently, Walt Disney World implemented their Disney Look changes, encouraging all cast to bring their authentic selves to work every day, hoping guests see their backgrounds and cultures reflected in the experiences, stories, and offerings in the parks and resorts.
There is also a lot of colorful and yes, tasty treats all around the Walt Disney World Resort properties from Epcot’s Rainbow Cake to the Rainbow Drink at Disney Springs’s Coca Cola Store. We will be sure to be checking out these and much more on the channel so be sure and follow along.
Throughout the parks and resorts, there is a variety of Pride merchandise so that you can show your colors and support the LGBTQ+ communities as well. You can even get your Share Your Pride PhotoPass opportunity to create special photo memories, including a nighttime rainbow bokeh frame, rainbow magic swirl and floating rainbow magic shot, rainbow Mickey digital sticker, and fun graphics available for PhotoPass photos. For individualized Capture Your Moment photo sessions, you can choose from a rainbow Mickey or rainbow umbrella prop to include in your special moments. You can even Share Your Pride from home! Mobile phone wallpapers and virtual backgrounds are available to download through June.
At Disney Springs you’ll find murals celebrating Pride Month, as well as a new photo wall inspired by Love, Victor — a Hulu Original Series following Victor on his own journey of self-discovery with Season 2 premiering on June 11. The artwork is dispersed throughout Disney Springs, and the photo wall is located near Disney’s Days of Christmas.
Food & Beverage
You’ll also have the opportunity to Share Your Pride through some delectable food and beverage offerings all across Walt Disney World Resort.
At EPCOT, don’t miss a rainbow Mickey dome cake at Sunshine Seasons or a rainbow cake at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, and over at Magic Kingdom Park, select Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company locations offer a rainbow donut.
At Disney Springs, you’ll find sweet treats inspired by Pride Month at Amorette’s Patisserie, The Ganachery, Everglazed Donuts, Gideon’s Bakehouse, and more. City Works Eatery & Pour House on the Disney Springs West Side, throughout the month of June, features a Pride Flight consisting of beers from local LGBTQ+ owned, operated or supporting breweries. For more drink options to Share Your Pride, check out The Polite Pig, Splitsville Luxury Lanes,and Coca-Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar all month long.
We will absolutely be trying some of this beautiful treats and bringing you guys along to let you know what we think and show you more of what is being offered around the parks and resorts.
Of course, you cannot have a celebration without merch and there is plenty to be found of the newly launched Pride collection at Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, resorts, and Disney Springs, featuring beloved brands and characters. The Pride collection includes apparel, accessories, pins, plush, and more, allowing everyone an array of ways to Share their Pride and bring their authentic selves to our parks and resorts every day. In addition, in celebration of Pride Month 2021, The Walt Disney Company is donating funds as part of our ongoing commitment to organizations around the world that support LGBTQ+ communities. Visit RainbowDisneyCollection.com for more information, and be sure to check out the colorful merchandise throughout Walt Disney World Resort this month.
Many retail locations at Disney Springs are also celebrating Pride Month with exclusive collections benefitting and supporting LGBTQ+ nonprofits and organizations. Just a few include:
- Basin – A portion of proceeds of this month’s bath bombs and soaps sales will benefit GLSEN, an educational organization working to end discrimination and prompt inclusion of LGBTQ+ students in K-12 schools.
- Havaianas – Add some color to your summer wardrobe with havaianas’ Pride Collection. Seven percent of net sales benefit All Out, an international organization in support of the rights of the LBGTQ+ community.
- Kate Spade New York – In celebration of Pride Month, Kate Spade New York is partnering with the Trevor Project, an organization providing mental health support and crisis intervention services to LGBTQ+ youth. Now through July 3, 2021, 20% of profits will benefit the Trevor Project with a minimum donation of $62,000 and maximum donation of $150,000.
- Levi’s – Levi’s is proud to feature their new Levi’s Pride Collection that celebrates and respects all pronouns. In support of this collection, Levi’s is making an annual donation to OutRight Action International, an organization working to advance human rights for LGBTQIA+ people all over the world.
- Lilly Pulitzer – Join Lilly Pulitzer on Saturday, June 12 from 12-4 p.m. to shop and support the onePULSE Foundation whose mission is to create and support a memorial that opens hearts, a museum that opens minds, educational programs that open eyes and legacy scholarships that open doors. 10% of proceeds during these special shopping hours will be donated to the onePULSE Foundation.
- M&M’s – Love is always colorful at M&M’s with new PRIDE-inspired chocolates and merchandise. M&M’s is supporting True Colors Foundation, a nonprofit organization implementing innovative solutions to youth homelessness focusing on the unique experiences of the LGBTQ youth.
- The LEGO Store – Celebrate the power of playing together with LEGO’s “Everyone is Awesome” colorful new set celebrating positivity and kindness in families and communities around our world. (Available while supplies last.)
- UGG – Shop the new UGG Pride Collection celebrating identity and love with all-gender footwear, accessories, and apparel in Pride-inspired colorways! With a maximum of $125,000, UGG will donate $25 per pair of Disco Stripes purchased to GLAAD — a nonprofit accelerating acceptance and advancing equality.
- Vera Bradley – Show your Pride with the new limited-edition Love Stripe Collection — 25% of proceeds will benefit Free Mom Hugs, a nonprofit empowering the world to celebrate the LBGTQ+ community through visibility, education and conversation.
There is much to experience at the Walt Disney World Resort parks, resorts and at Disney Springs during the month of June and celebrating Pride month.
Be sure and keep checking back here at spokesmayne.co for more updates. Follow along as we go into the parks, live, taking you to where the action is on Youtube, Instagram and Facebook at Spokesmayne.
Looking to book your next vacation at Walt Disney World, Disneyland or a Disney Cruise? Be sure and visit out official travel partner, Mouse Vacation Planning at https://www/mousevacationplanning.com.
Disney Park Blog; Disney Food Blog; Spokesmayne