Today, July 18, 2020, will be my first time back at Hollywood Studios since the park closing almost 4 months ago. It goes without saying that I am super excited and looking forward to ‘hopefully’ getting on those attractions that in “older times” were almost impossible to get on. One of those attractions on the list for us to ride is Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Just like having to make reservations to get into Hollywood Studios, or any other park for that matter, is now a thing, so is getting on the newest attraction in Star Wars Galaxy Edge. So let’s see if we can break this down.
For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we wanted to share an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. If you’ve joined the Resistance before, you will want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15. Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue. I am loving this new way, not only because early tends to not be in my vocabulary, but the fact that it eliminates large crowds all rushing first thing, which is why Disney is doing this. Plus, I feel it makes being able to get into the queue more fair for everyone.
Whether it’s your first trip to Batuu or you have joined the fight against the First Order before, there are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including our newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
We know that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, and we know many guests are familiar with using virtual queue to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, they plan to use regular standby queues to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
I cannot wait to step onto Sunset Blvd today and take you all along with me. It is going to be an amazing day! Be sure and follow me at Spokesmayne on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram so that you do not miss a single moment of the fun.
Disney Parks Blog; Spokesmayne